As I sit writing this on New Year’s Eve it feels a little cliche to be writing down resolutions for the new year. I’d like to think of them more as goals or intentions for the year ahead!
2019 was a big year of growth for me in learning what I’m passionate about and love. Instagram and this little blog helped me explore what I love and find my voice and my style. I have discovered that I love using power tools ( especially saws and nail guns!) and I need to always try and carve out a couple hours a week to create. With that in mind my goals are centred around pouring more love into my passions in design.
Here are a couple of my goals for 2020:
- Continue to challenge myself to create fun and approachable content on Instagram, Pinterest, and the blog
- Participate in both the spring and fall One Room Challenge
- Connect with other creative souls and share who inspires me
- Support new and up and coming creators
- Support and partner with more local and Canadian brands
- Be more bold and brave in my design choices
And of course I’ve got a long list of diy projects for the new year !
Upcoming projects for 2020:
- Build a king sized wood platform bed with headboard
- Create and install faux beams in living room
- Create some drama in our front area with art and wall treatment
- Makeover laundry room
- Add a fun wall treatment in our powder room
- Create a unique accent wall in Emma’s play area
- Refresh Emma’s room to a toddler room from a nursery
- Give our kitchen more personality in a unique way
Can’t wait to share all the changes, opportunities, and fresh new diys with you in 2020
Until next time,
Sarah at My West Coast Life