There’s something about a white kitchen that is so timeless, light, and airy. I had the pleasure of working on this kitchen that used some of my favourite elements in any white kitchen.
Here are the top 5 reasons I love this kitchen.
- Island with Interest. This island has all the elements I love! Detailed and chunky end panels are one of my favourite details on any island. No need to stick to a boring standard lower cabinet and countertop overhang. We added in this extra millwork to create something special. I also love to add in furniture toe kick detail instead of just a plain recessed kick. This can be a game changer to make your millwork feel custom to your home and into a gorgeous piece of furniture.
- Wood Elements. The best way to keep a white kitchen from feeling cold or uninviting is by adding just a touch of wood. These two floating shelves added that element and were perfect way to showcase pretty pieces.
- Fun with Tile Backsplash. We all LOVE a classic white subway tile! But I have to say I was over the moon about the hexagon pattern the client decided on. The kitchen is simple, light , and bright and could handle a little extra fun with pattern and shape of this selection.
- Gold Hardware. It’s amazing how much you can transform a kitchen with just the handles! I loved that the client added a touch of gold. Don’t be scared to mix your metals and pair a little gold with your stainless steel!
- Extra Storage & Work Space. At the end of the day a pretty kitchen is great, but a beautiful and functional kitchen is amazing. A wall of extra pantry storage with a home office station was exactly what this family needed.￼I was so blessed to work with an amazing client on this project that had an extraordinary eye for truly beautiful things. Her home is one I would move into any day ♥️
Sarah at My West Coast Life